[at-l] AT activities, Whites

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sat Jul 31 15:06:42 CDT 2010

snodrog5 at gmail.com wrote:
> Sounds like you, and those you helped out, had a great time, RD!
> I don't know 'Above the Notch', will have to look into it,

Pilot and I spent the night there and had a wonderful stay. Very nice
room and all the people we talked to were wonderfully friendly. The room
had mini-fridge, microwave and a couch with table. (Spacious) Everything
was clean and nice. The downsides from a hiker perspective were: A bit
on the pricey side ($75 for two) and no laundry.  (The very nice woman
at the evening desk allowed us to set up our tent in the side yard to
dry, though).  there is an Irving Station (convenience store/gas
station) about .3 away and a very nice restaurant (Fabyan's ) next to
the Irving.  (Fabyans on the pricey side, too...but, the food was really
good)    Would definitely stay there again...and, intend on writing them
a letter soon to tell them as much. (Footnote: The Crawford Notch
General Store does NOT have a hiker bunkroom this year. The decision to
not have one was made after the Companion went to press, I believe. )

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98