[at-l] TRAILJOURNALS WEB STATUS, was: Re: We've got Smoke

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Tue Jun 1 11:10:56 CDT 2010

ok, an update on this issue with trailjournals.com.  The problem has been determined to be at the trailjournals server, not a Metrocast server.  The trailjournals name server is not giving an "authoritative response" or is not configured properly.  Metrocast exercises a heightened status of security, so doesn't allow connection to servers that aren't responding properly.  The Metrocast tech guys have sent the trailjournals folks a report, so hopefully they'll be able to correct their servers asap.  The reason other ISPs are getting through to trailjournals.com (my guess) is that their security processes aren't as tight (not a good thing imho).

So there ya go....