[at-l] We've got Smoke

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Tue Jun 1 21:54:36 CDT 2010

Wasn't me; it was Art.  I haven't logged on to TJ in a long time, but was trying to to check out some journals that were mentioned here.  Art and I are on the same ISP (Metrocast).  I didn't quiz them (the Metrocast techs) on it, but I got the impression that Metrocast has a pretty robust security protocol that hasn't changed.  They felt that something had happened recently to cause the TJ settings/protocol to change.  Whether the settings were changed on purpose or some glitch happened, they couldn't tell.  But the changes degraded the TJ server security enough that the Metrocast servers wouldn't connect to it.  I'm not an expert either!  But the TJ techies should be able to fix it.  The Metrocast folks wrote them a pretty comprehensive note about it.  So we'll see!