[at-l] Are there more ticks

marytinvb at aol.com marytinvb at aol.com
Sun Jun 6 19:47:19 CDT 2010

I don't know about more this year than normal, but my daughter, who
just got hired by the Army Corps of Engineers, picked up a few while
traipsing in the woods a couple of weeks ago. A week or so later, she
awoke with a fever and felt really badly and puked a few times, I
believe. She went to the doctor and was tested for Rocky Mountain
Spotted Fever (is that the same as Lyme Disease?) and was given four
weeks' worth of antibiotics. Yesterday, the doctor called and said that
she didn't have the disease and she stopped taking the medication.

Is there a tick repellent that she can use when she's out in the field?

Mary