[at-l] Unsanity

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 02:10:24 CDT 2010

Got my lightest sleeping bag and heaviest stove ever, on the same day. Does
that balance out?

Went to Sunrift and ordered a SummerLight. 30 degree, 1 lb 3 oz, full
zipper. (The zipper kept me off of the HighLight. Hammocks and half zips are
no fun together.)

Later, I was in WalMart and saw that they had the Coleman Sportster II
liquid fuel stove on sale for 13.88. I've been using a Dragonfly for Winter
use, but it's not as easy to use as the Peak 1 type stove that this one
replaced. It's heavy, but I'll likely use it from late fall to mid Spring.
No priming required! And no smell, either. I hated that about the MSR gas
stoves I've used. And I'll say it again: 13.88.

I also found a lovely accidental price on 4-packs of tuna. Starkist ~3 ounce
sized were marked at .39 for a box of four. I got every one they had. They
were 3.96 at the next WalMart I went to.

Good hikey-shoppy day. :-)