[at-l] camera

Tom Fort tom at tjfort.net
Thu Jun 17 10:39:40 CDT 2010

This has to do with the fact all cell carriers / cell phones are not
created equal.   therefore they require unique equipment which must be
individually placed.   Granted if there was a national standard for all
cell phones, you could have a single system.

there are different frequencies, and, different data protocols.  EVDO
vs CDMA is the biggest example.  that's why iPhones only work on AT&T
and not Verizon.  Kinda sux in my opinion.

  --t.

Quoting Jim Bullard :