[at-l] Sigh, co-list (cyclist)

RockDancer rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 5 14:01:12 CST 2010

I'm interested in seeing that statistic if you can put your finger on the website. Before I was a long distance hiker I was a long distance rider and commuter in the Boston metro area. Lots of close calls, some seemingly deliberate, and several deaths of cycling friends put me in the mindset that accidents are underreported, and some of it isn't an "accident". The Boston Bicycle Coalition has an activist wing that conducts "traffic standstill" where a (supposedly) spontaneous large group of bicycles will take over a downtown street and commandeer the auto traffic to follow them for awhile. Certainly makes the car drivers aware of bicycles.

Moving to the suburbs reminded me of the relative safety of riding in the city. Here it seems that I'm invisible to most drivers & I'm at my very best defensive riding... --RD

Arthur Gaudet (RockDancer)
Rockdancer97 at comcast.net
"The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon."

>>Remember Annie and The Salesman?  I was thinking about them yesterday when I was looking at a chart that told how many people per 10,000 or so per state were killed while riding bicycles.  They lived their environtamentalism, and both died in the practice of it.  So sad.

a'bear