[at-l] Carrying Olive Oil

Carla & Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Sat Mar 6 22:12:39 CST 2010

Not a direct answer re bottle, but I sealed oil in single-use vacuumed-sealed
pouches -- about one oz each.

Make the small pouches, the same general rectangular shape & a tad larger than
those you get condiments in at fast food places.  Sealing three sides -- the
two long and one narrow sides.

Fill 3/4 full with oil.

Set upright in freezer.

After a while you can vacuum seal the forth side w/o the vacuum-sealer sucking
the oil out.

Never had one leak.  Single use -- so no reseal on the trail.  OTOH, every
bottle and refillable squeeze tube I ever tried did leak, eventually.

Chainsaw