[at-l] Sigh, co-list (cyclist)

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 09:31:07 CST 2010

All I know is that last Thanksgiving, friend Jon had the idea that on our trip to Savannah, we should take our bikes and ride them to every square in Savannah.  (24 beautiful landscaped, oak shaded squares)  I carried the guidebook in my bike basket so that we could read about each square when we got there.  The streets that weren't too narrow (for parked car, moving car, and bike) were too busy for me.  I was scared witless the entire time--especially since we mananged to leave the bike helmets at home.  Made it to every square, the big park with the gorgeous fountain,  and the Colonial cemetery too, but never again.  In between squares I kept thinking about Annie and the Salesman.

No more urban biking for me.

Joan