[at-l] WAS: lambs, silence of the

Kent Gardam kent_gardam at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 10:30:05 CST 2010

The FDA allows us the privilege of ingesting certain levels of "stuff".

Couldn't find oatmeal but I found this for wheat flour:

WHEAT FLOUR
Insect filth
(AOAC 972.32)
Average of 75 or more insect fragments per 50 grams

Rodent filth
(AOAC 972.32)
Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 50 grams
DEFECT SOURCE:  Insect fragments - preharvest and/or post harvest and/or processing insect infestation, Rodent hair - post harvest and/or processing contamination with animal hair or excreta.
SIGNIFICANCE:  Aesthetic

So, yeah, chances are the little buggers are hanging out in most of what we eat.  When the conditions or timing isn't right for them to hatch/mature before you eat the product then the moths, etc. get to hatch with you as a host.

Sleep well.