[at-l] shampooing the Re: Lamb's ears

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 16:21:16 CST 2010

--- On Tue, 3/9/10, Felix J <AThiker at smithville.net> wrote:

> (I have a history of keeping food around for a
> long....long...time.)

### I was shampooing the other day, when I felt a shift in the weight center of the shampoo bottle -- not something you'd expect in a liquid. The bottle came from my parents' cabinet -- they shared with me this bounty in North Carolina, after their move from a lifetime in Connecticut. The bottle felt like a piston of some sort inhabited the perfect cylinder of the bottle, and even had a sort-of "swoosh" as it passed from one end to the other. (Yes, I did this tipping thing a couple of times just to make sure of what I was noticing.) Now, like you, Fee, I have my SO-CALLED "expired" foods going back in time -- the yellow mustard that came from the store that's been out of business for 10 years, the strips of pickled cactus that goes back to (let me see -- oh yes! Memorial Day, 2001, Yellowwood Lake Dam, Bought in Nashville, IN that day... Doesn't all your food have stories?)

Anyway, this shampoo takes the cake -- even topping the box of macaroni and cheese found at Nana's house in 1987 that went back to 1972 -- 15 years. This shampoo was copywritten 1994 -- 16 years. Mom beat Nana -- but who's going to tell her?!?

loyal son,
sloetoe