[at-l] An A.T. memoir

Linda Patton lpatton at fsu.edu
Tue Mar 16 20:01:19 CDT 2010

Tom Moose (Grey Fox AT 2006) wrote a memoir, "Only the
Things that Matter."  He's hoping to sell enough copies to
finance a PCT thruhike.  I haven't read the book yet, but
thought y 'all might like to know about it.  Here's  something
from a month ago on his Trailjournal site:

"You should buy a copy- it's about my 2006 AT hike
and is the best book written about anything ever.
(Statements made in this journal entry may be subject
to hyperbole.) You can get a signed copy by mailing
me a check to:

Tom Moose
38313 Gold Hill Rd
Richfield, NC 28137

0r you can order it online at www.lulu.com/greyfoxat

So far I am at 75 percent of my goal to be able to make it
on the PCT- so I thought I'd offer some extra incentive to
buy my book. My publishing company, Lulu, is having a sales
contest during the month of March. The top three selling
offers win cash prizes of $1500 $750 and $500 respectively.
If I win any of the prizes, I will donate the money to the ATC.
Those of you who have hiked the AT know they are a
non-profit and could really benefit from the money.

On top of that, people that order during the contest get ten
percent off my book. I just need to sell 150 more copies in
order to make it- so help a fellow hiker, and the ATC out!"

Anyone read it yet?
~~ eArThworm

Visit my website at http://booksforhikers.com
"Better to be lost in the woods than in a maze of cubicles…"