[at-l] zippity doo da

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Mon May 3 09:12:38 CDT 2010

With about 67,000 mi. on my 2004 minivan (wanted something I could sleep in; it's a tin tent), not sure where I'd be.  Friend Jon just sold his Geo Prizm with 247,000 mi. on it, so I guess he'd be with Alex on the moon.

This IS hiking related because that Prizm was covered with hiking stickers (not as many as eaAThworm, but quite a few).  It was still running and the AC and radio still worked, but it had reached the stage of monthly repair in the $300 range.

What amazed me was he put it on Craig's list one morning at 8:30 a.m. for $500.  Blue book was less than $350.  I thought he was nuts; I thought he should have just sold it to the junker who offered $150.   By 3:00 p.m. he had FIFTEEN interested buyers.  The guy who got it offered $550.  I still don't get why it was such a hot item.

Joan
bluetrail at aol.com