[at-l] (no subject)

Ken Bennett bennett.ken at gmail.com
Tue May 4 08:25:40 CDT 2010

Um, yeah, check with the folks at Neels Gap about the "bear operation." I
understand that the ATC is going to kill a large bear that is taking food in
the area, and that they are planning to close that section of trail while
they do so. Not sure of the exact date yet. You might call first. Or plan to
hike in the opposite direction (north) out of Neels Gap, up to Cowrock
Mountain and back (~10 mile round trip.)

--Ken

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 9:15 AM, <RSB750 at aol.com> wrote:

>  This afternoon, a friend and I are driving over to Neels Gap and hike up
> Blood Mountain. I have done this hike many times but it has been over a
> year.
>
> The person  going with me has never been there and is relative new to
> hiking. I secretly hope to infect her with the BUG to do more serious AT
> hiking.
>
> Does anyone know anything new about this area I need to know..... THANKS
>
> I am driving over from Greenville SC
>

> Ron/ HighAnxiety

Ken Bennett
Photographer