[at-l] (no subject)

snodrog5 at gmail.com snodrog5 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 08:43:27 CDT 2010

*A.T. over Blood Mountain to be closed for bear operation
*The following information comes to ATC from the U.S. Forest Service via the
Georgia Appalachian Trail Club:

A large, food-conditioned bear has been determined to pose a threat to
people in the vicinity of Blood Mountain. The bear will be euthanized by the
Department of Natural Resources. The A.T. over Blood Mountain will be closed
for a few days while this operation is taking place. The Freeman Trail will
remain open and is to be used as an alternative. Signs and personnel will be
placed at Bird Gap and Flatrock Gap to notify hikers. The dates of this
closure have not yet been determined.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61673