[at-l] re-supply Rangeley area

Adrian Borner adrian.borner at ch.abb.com
Mon May 17 08:57:42 CDT 2010

I am planning for August to do a section hike through Maine. Since things
have changed a bit since my through-hike in 2001 I would appreciate to get
some advice.
Starting point will be Gorham. Then my brother-in-law will join me for the
Grafton Loop Trail, so I can use him as my first mail drop. Later he will
join me again for the 100 Mile Wilderness in Monson.
For the section Route 26 to Monson I will need to re-supply in the
Rangeley area and a bit in Caratunk. Most likely I will hit the Rangley
area on a weekend, so a post office mail-drop may not work and I do not
feel tlike hanging around an extra day this time.
How difficult is it to get a lift into Rangeley on Rt 17 or Rt 4? Where
can I send a mail-drop besides the PO? Any other suggestions where to
re-supply?
In Caratunk is there only the PO or what other facilities are there?
Thanks and Happy Trail
Adrian alias Matterhorn AT&PCT