[at-l] maps

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Tue May 18 19:56:23 CDT 2010

It is a surprising difficult up hill slog from rt 112 to Eliza Brook.
I did a slack pack from 112 (Kinsman Notch) to Franconia Notch during
a fog and rain storm. Didn't get in until 10 PM - I was very
surprised at how tough that hike was even after hiking it 3 times
before the slack.

>Ever since '97 it's been a 10-15 minute walk from the to top.  I remember
>45-60 minute walk down from into the road back in '97.  The old 2000
>databook show Moosilauke at 4802 and Beaver Brook at 3650 with Rt 112 at
>1812.  That pretty much is the way I remember it as well.  I spent the night
>at BB shelter.  I remember it seemed like the data book was off on mileage
>when it came to the stretch between NH 112 and Eliza Brook Shelter.  That
>stretch took me much longer than what I thought it should have taken me
>given the mileage listed in the book at the time.  From what I remember they
>were starting to do the GPS of the trail in '97 to update the mileage
>figures.  That was the only stretch given the terrain/topography I would
>have disagreed with based on the '96/'97 databook figures.  I always hiked 3
>mph pace pretty much anywhere as long as I wasn't hiking behind/with
>someone.  The only two stretches that never came out correct were 112-Eliza
>Brook and...quite naturally, Mahoosuc Notch.
>
>MEANT 2B

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman