[at-l] 12

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sun Nov 7 20:12:18 CST 2010

12 years ago today my hike took a very different feel. Pokey
left for home. Stoat left for his sister's. I left for
Georgia. We all left from roughly the same place...which was
Linden, VA.  I hiked to Tom Floyd Wayside. At some point
just north of dark I was joined by former-lister Raven. She
hadn't seen me in a couple of years and as she approached me
in the shelter, she timidly asked "Do you know Felix?" or
some such.  I gave her a twinkle-eyed smile and she knew it
was me. My hair and beard were a good deal longer than when
she'd seen me last.  We had a nice evening together...which
included being joined by current-lister Amy Friends....WHO
HAD CAKE!!!!! For the love of God, she brought me cake. She
was feelin' reckless, I suppose.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98