[at-l] A Walk for Sunshine

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Fri Nov 12 11:20:21 CST 2010

I've read the book, and it was pretty good imho.  Three stars was probably about right, I think I gave it four.  I too am not much for "cause books", but Jeff is a super guy and works hard at what he's trying to do, so I'm happy to support him.  FWIW my all-time fave AT hiking book is Ed Garvey's "Appalachian Hiker".  My wife, who isn't a hiker, loves it.  We've worn out at least one copy reading it over and over.  I've got the JMT book on order (Sierra Hiker), so we'll see how that one reads.  I've been to at least two of his presentations, and they're well received, even though he's not the best public speaker.