[at-l] The Mother Ruck.....and Ben

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Tue Nov 16 06:49:39 CST 2010

On 11/15/2010 11:17 PM, Jim and_or Ginny Owen wrote:

> I said we were going to Bears Den to see the facilities
> today. So we did – after we went to the dog rescue shelter
> and changed our lives.

When I first read this, I thought "Oh-oh....Ginny finally
dropped him off"  :)

> There’s also a dining area with 4(?) tables.The other
> usable (for us) room on the main level is a bunkroom (8
> bunks) with a full bath.
>
> Downstairs is another bunkroom with 12 bunks and another
> full bath; a “private” room with a double bed and 4 bunks
> (and a full bath); and the hiker hostel with 10 bunks and
> another full bath.I missed something – somewhere in there
> was another half-bath.

What is the 'hiker hostel'? Or, how does it differ from the
rest of the building?  Is it just a room in the basement?
And, am I right that there are a total of 34 bunks?

> His name “was” Duke Beans – but we’ll be changing that to
> Ben.

A dog named 'Beans'?? Interesting. Very interesting. I vote
for changing his name to Ben Roper.