[at-l] The Mother Ruck.....and Ben

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Tue Nov 16 22:16:29 CST 2010

I would agree that the most common casual usage for "bunk" is the single-sleeping-platform meaning.  But there are dictionary definitions that say the word bunk is "short for bunk bed".  And the term "bunk bed" is further defined as follows:
1. a piece of furniture consisting of two single platform like beds connected one above the other.
2. either of these two beds.

So I would submit that, to be precise, you can't just use the word "bunk" without some context or amplification. :)  (I think its the engineer in me... quibbling are us...  ).