[at-l] I love/hate when this happens

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 15:21:00 CST 2010

Nina,
If it makes you feel any better, there's a long history behind this...
I had the pleasure of seeing Earl Shaffer at the '96 Gathering in Carlisle.
But I actually got to meet him at several of the PA Rucks. Earl was
reserved, if not outright shy. It was a joy to watch the walls come down and
the "real" Earl come out when he realized that he was with kindred spirits.
:-)

I don't think people believe me when I say that ALDHA is my family, that the
Gathering is my family reunion.
I went so far as to tell my REAL family that no one was allowed to get
married or plan anything else for Columbus Day weekend!

And yes, there is that total connection with random hikers too :-)

skeeter