[at-l] New laptop (for reading AT-L, of course...)

Jan Lite liteshoe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 09:09:50 CST 2010

Well, since useful advice is being slung about printers, how about some
computer input?
Xmas is coming, the sales begin... for computers too?

It's time to replace a computer fried by lightening and give back this
borrowed laptop. I'd love some thoughts (no jargon, please, for this barely
functional techno-luddite).

Is there any advantage anymore to a fixed system, or is laptop the way to
go?

If a laptop, I want long battery life, the ability to have multiple tabs
open at any time (knowledge junkie), the basic document/office package, not
so heavy. Durable. Something I won't have to replace in two years.

What else do I want? I really am hopeless with this stuff...

LowTech Shoe

--
"The Ordinary Adventurer"
A new backpacking adventure book