[at-l] backpacklaptopoptartyvek Re: New laptop (for reading AT-L, of course...)

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 20:48:04 CST 2010

My son likes MACs. He's a programmer, I'm not (FWIW).

MACs don't get viruses as often because those who write the viruses tend to
write them for PCs more often than MACs. There are many, many more PCs out
there so for those sickos who get their jollies that way, there's more bang
for the buck in a PC virus than in a MAC virus.

What's obvious in an OS is what you are used to. I'm used to PCs. I get on
my son's MAC and I'm lost. One of my complaints against MicroSoft is that
they keep moving things around to "make them more intuitive". Again, what's
intuitive is an extension of what you already know. Having to relearn basics
is not intuitive.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/
http://jim-bullard.photoshelter.com/