[at-l] Guinness Stew
AThiker at smithville.net
Tue Nov 30 08:34:45 CST 2010
Just got this from The Inn near the Long Trail:
The recipe is for the batch we make for the restaurant so
you will have to cut it down for home use.
10# stew beef cubed
1 gallon Guinness stout
1 gallon water
2 tbs Maggi seasoning
1/4 cup gravy browning or Kitchen Bouquet
1/3 cup concentrated beef base
5# red potatoes cut (with skin on)
4# carrots cut
3 large onions cut
2 bunch celery cut
1.25 # frozen corn
1.25 # frozen peas
roux (we make our own, add 4 cups white flour to 1 cup
melted butter, stir regularly over medium heat until mixture
has a nutty smell)
1. Brown beef in large pot.
2. add Guinness, water, maggi, gravy brown and beef base,
cover and cook over medium heat for 2 hours.
3. add potatoes, carrots, onion & celery, cover and cook 1 hour.
4. add frozen corn & peas, cook 1/2 hour
5. remove from heat, strain fluid from solids, set solids aside.
6. put fluid over heatand whisk in roux a bit at a time
until gravy is desired thickness, re-add to solids.
Inn at Long Trail
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ALT '03 KT '03
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the at-l