[at-l] Guinness Stew
dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 11:04:34 CST 2010
Cut the veggies extra tiny, then run it through the dehydrator for your next
http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
From: Felix J <AThiker at smithville.net>
To: at-l <AT-L at backcountry.net>
Sent: Tue, November 30, 2010 6:34:45 AM
Subject: [at-l] Guinness Stew
Just got this from The Inn near the Long Trail:
The recipe is for the batch we make for the restaurant so you will have to cut
it down for home use.
10# stew beef cubed
1 gallon Guinness stout
1 gallon water
2 tbs Maggi seasoning
1/4 cup gravy browning or Kitchen Bouquet
1/3 cup concentrated beef base
5# red potatoes cut (with skin on)
4# carrots cut
3 large onions cut
2 bunch celery cut
1.25 # frozen corn
1.25 # frozen peas
roux (we make our own, add 4 cups white flour to 1 cup melted butter, stir
regularly over medium heat until mixture has a nutty smell)
1. Brown beef in large pot.
2. add Guinness, water, maggi, gravy brown and beef base, cover and cook over
medium heat for 2 hours.
3. add potatoes, carrots, onion & celery, cover and cook 1 hour.
4. add frozen corn & peas, cook 1/2 hour
5. remove from heat, strain fluid from solids, set solids aside.
6. put fluid over heat and whisk in roux a bit at a time until gravy is desired
thickness, re-add to solids.
Inn at Long Trail
-- Felix J. McGillicuddy ME-->GA '98 "Your Move" ALT '03 KT '03
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the at-l