[at-l] "Brrr!" Re: Man! We need a hike!!!

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Wed Oct 27 10:28:16 CDT 2010

T'giving is a month away, but the weather here in Elizabethton, an hour south of Damascus, is really nice right now.  We set a record high yesterday with 83º.  Of course, the wind was howling, too, and we had a short, wicked storm on Monday morning that brought down lots and lots and lots of trees.

Sunday morning when we passed the 19E trailhead about 8:30, there was a booming business.  Bob Peoples was even there unloading a group.  There were cars everywhere, on both sides of the road.  I don't know that I've ever seen so much traffic at that traihead before.  Usually, it's one to maybe four cars.  Sunday, there were at least 11, and I didn't notice to count at the pull-in just a bit further up.

a'bear

Humankind (be both)

Maybe a southbound hike from Massey Gap to Damascus. V pretty.