[at-l] Man! We need a hike!!!

Jim Stewart jim.stewart at usa.net
Wed Oct 27 18:32:28 CDT 2010

I've done it from the ranger station on the road up from Brevard, from the
Blue Ridge (small parking area at the trailhead - might not be the best) and
from the parking lot up near Shining Rock.

There are some good climbs involved - I remember comparing the climb up
Pilot Mountain as being close to Sasafras...  but the views are
spectacular.  The trail and climb up to the top of Cold Mountain is rated as
"difficult" but doable.

There are a couple of cams that show the area - just google Shining Rock or
Art Loeb and you'll find them.

And if you go we expect a full trip report...  And don't forget the
blueberries near the summit of Shining Rock...

~~WhoAh