[at-l] Hiker found dead near Blood Mountain

Tim Rich athiker89 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 16:59:40 CDT 2010

Y'all are far too romantic for me.  I'd rather stay on top of my health, recognize warning signs and get help instead of being a dead 54 year old who had to be retrieved by SAR.  I plan on doing plenty of post-54 walking.  Perhaps if you're facing a certain, unpleasant near term demise, walking into a winter storm in the Whites might be the way for some to go.  Abbey lingered in a hospital, and his death was neither quick, violent nor economical.

Take Care,

Tim