[at-l] Sad news about Walkin' Jim

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 21:08:00 CDT 2010

Forwarding some sad news...

From: "Leslie Stoltz" <lesstoltz at montana.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:19:05 -0600
To: Leslie Stoltz<lesstoltz at montana.com>
Subject: passing on news about JIm

Everyone,   With great sadness we share with you news of Jim's death.  Jim
died at midnight last night.  His best friend and former wife Leslie was
with him.  Jim's health status, including organ failure and extreme
difficulty in breathing, deteriorated very very rapidly.
 Jim's two sisters and brother are en route to Helena .  The shortness of
time simply did not allow them to make travel arrangements and complete
their journey before Jim died.  Jim's inordinately quick death leaves all of
us somewhat stunned but such is the nature of cancer.
Jim had a great day on Friday.  He laughed with those fortunate enough to
spend time with him and inspired us as we looked out on a magnificent blue
sky and the beautiful Big Belt Mountains . Jim loved the fellowship and
deeply valued being part of our community. He was very fond of all of you
and found great comfort in your company.  Your warmth and welcome gave Jim
the community he always wanted and found in the fellowship.
 Jim was beloved by all of us and the thousands of children and others with
whom he shared his deep understanding, profound respect, and unconditional
love of nature.
Jim's body is being cremated per his wishes.   A memorial service involving
the fellowship is in the offing.  As you know, numerous tasks come with
Jim's death and will be attended to in the coming days.  Of course, we will
keep you apprised as things evolve.
All of you made a wonderful difference in Jim's life as he did in ours.  We
know that Jim's music and friendship will live on in our memories as we turn
now to celebrating Jim's life. Be gentle with yourselves and others.

Peg and Patrick
 Leslie
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor