[at-l] archives for 3/09 to 10/15/09

RockDancer rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 11 12:36:25 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a project that will compare a portion of  Felix's southbound hike with my own in 1998. Last year at this time we both posted to AT-L about where we were, when and what was going on. I'd like to re-access those emails but have a problem.

I'm missing all my emails from 3/13/09 to 10/15/09. This corresponds with a hard drive crash.

I've just looked at the backcountry.net site and they archive up to 2006 but no later.

Can someone point me to archived emails at a different location?
If not, does anyone have the back-n-forth emails that Felix and I posted last year? The period I'm interested in is 9/1/09 to 10/15/09.

Thanks!

Oh, and 13 years ago today:
I hiked from the fire tower on Smarts Mountain to near the Etna Road, at Mink Brook. The winds at the tower were topping 50 mph but the tower was surprisingly stable so I slept well. Had a beautiful sunrise and the temperatures were cold as I started out. Had a hot lunch at Trapper John shelter with a weird guy that said he works for a resort in Death Valley. He insists on wearing white plastic frame sunglasses all the time. Met 2 Dartmouth groups as I went along and scored some cheese! The trail wasn't familiar from Moose Mountain to Mink Brook, but perhaps I was talking with someone last year as we walked. Long day, sore feet.

Arthur Gaudet (RockDancer)
Rockdancer97 at comcast.net
"The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon."