[at-l] Fw: comfort

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 21:31:55 CDT 2011

Joe -- fanTAStic quote. Was trying to capture this just recently.
I had reason to watch the Gregory Peck movie this fall, and researched a bit beforehand, and thought it pretty cool, but somehow I'd missed actually *reading* Melville himself. I know the guy's writing history on the book itself was "involved" but this is quite the quote. He reminds me of Robert Service some 70-odd years later. He 'got it going on.' Yow.