[at-l] corporate big BOX

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 20:12:17 CDT 2011

It's funny but when Home Depot came to Massena one local building supply
dealer threw up his hands and closed his business because he said he
couldn't compete with them. The other local building supply dealer moved to
a new location directly across the highway from the new HD and havve been
doing more business than ever.

We have a LOWES in Potsdam now but it is one of their smallest. I find the
help to be about equally helpful in either place and neither better nor
worse than the local hardware and lumber dealers. What is nice about the big
boxes is that I can get stuff on weekends and evenings when the locals have
all gone to their camps.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/
http://jimbullard.zenfolio.com/