[at-l] Road Trip!

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:24:54 CDT 2011

Well, it's been a while, but it's time to hit the road again.  This time,
I'm staying in the US and heading south.  I already left the Boston area and
will be getting to Harpers Ferry around the 19th.  Sometime after that, I'll
be heading south along or in the vicinity of the A.T. and will eventually
get to Florida, possibly by way of Louisiana.  It's more than a slight
detour but I may be traveling before or after that with a friend from the
trail who lives there.

If anyone would like to get together to do some trail magic or short hikes
along the way, let me know.  Or if you can offer a place to crash along the
way, it would be nice to have a place to grab a shower every now and then
and catch up with friends from the list.

Once in Florida, I've got some family to visit but mostly I'm hoping to see
some of the stuff I never saw 30 years ago when traveling with my parents.
 I'm hoping to do some paddling in the Everglades, see Key West, possibly
hike a bit, and maybe catch the Space Shuttle liftoff if the April one is
delayed or if I'm still around for the June liftoff.

If anyone has suggestions for other things to see on my way down, in
Florida, or along the coastal states I'm likely to visit on my way back, let
me know.  I've got a fair bit of flexibility as I travel.

Thanks and I hope to see some of you.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor