[at-l] AT Retirement Areas

hiker 317 hiker317 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 12:45:26 CDT 2011

Hi All,
I'm thinking about retiring to an AT-vicinity city/town, i.e, including but
not limited to a Trailtown, but it's been almost 40 years since I've been in
any communities near the Trail (no, it wasn't a condition of
probation/parole :).
   My hopes would be to find a community with no burgeoning meth labs/drug
trade, honest politicians, at least one hospital, one veterinarian, a post
office that isn't scheduled to close, a reasonably large grocery
store(s), and a friendly attitude towards a leashed and well-behaved dog. A
campground to live in for awhile until i can purchase some land would also
be nice. Any suggestions?

hiker317