[at-l] OT: Travel update...

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 20:52:24 CDT 2011

Still traveling and going very slowly.  I've been visiting lots of
lighthouses and forts and sampling a lot of good food, too.  There was a lot
of Bartram Trail info along the Georgia coast and plenty of references to
Oglethorpe, too.  It seems the entire state references the name in business
and history.  They should probably just rename the state Oglethorpe.

I'm moving north along the coast and finally got to South Carolina
yesterday.  I expect to keep going, getting to Charleston in the next day or
two, the Outer Banks in North Carolina, etc.

If any of you have suggestions for places to visit, things to see, or food
to sample, please let me know.  I'm already on the lookout for a good place
to eat shrimp and grits even though I've already gotten the impression that
I'm slowly moving from shrimp to crab territory.  Restaurant suggestions for
any type of food are always welcome.

And, if anyone along the general coastal area would like to get together,
send along an email.  Shower facilities, crash space, or even just company
for a meal are all welcome to this very slow traveler.

Mara - from Hilton Head Island
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor