[at-l] Connecticut/Massachusetts

Walt Daniels wdlists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:13:32 CDT 2011

I agree with you about the leaves. I think I have fallen more times on
leaves than on snow. Snow has as simple soluton, just good tread on your
boots is good enough if snow, but for ice I wear stableicers. Or just
snowshoe. None of these help on leaves, particular oak leaves which seem to
be the most slippery. Uphill is almost never a problem but take the
downhills easy.

The night  temps are unlikely to go below freezing but we have had 3 inches
of snow in early October which was an unmitigated disaster because the trees
still had leaves and it broken the tops off many.