[at-l] Our wild national parks

David Addleton dfaddleton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:49:51 CDT 2011

Yes . . .  I once lived in a "jungle" and a snow leopard visited and paced
the veranda outside our open, boarding room, door . . . .

Idiots are born every day in every land and often they think themselves
experts . . . .

Who was the idiot who passed himself off as an expert in grizzly bears and
for all his expertise got himself and his girlfriend eaten by grizzlies?

Was the hiker who got himself gored by a wild billy goat an "expert"? in
wildlife? in Goats?  in hiking?
The goats were hardly "natural" having been introduced less than a century
ago . . . . And apparently this goat had already proven itself a danger if
not merely a nuisance and the park rangers were already aware of this goat
and its reputation?

And all this is the fault of lawyers?

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Tom McGinnis <sloetoe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Mon, 8/22/11, Linda Patton <lpatton at fsu.edu> wrote:
>

> > No, but it sure does change when you replace "your farm" with
> > "natural spaces" like parks.
> > ~~ eArThworm
>
> ### ...since "your farm" is a domicile (respendid with all sorts of legal
> implications [vis "castle law"] and not a public place [owned by _all_, and
> carrying its own legal implications -- "attractive nuisance" in imminent
> public exposure, versus true "wilderness" of natural spaces, whereby the
> public must travel _to_ the place to pursue _voluntarily_ exposure.
>

> (Side question)
> So, David, are you saying your house is a jungle?

With best regards,

David F. Addleton
Attorney at Law

practicing consumer law as
ADDLETON LTD. CO.
355 Cotton Avenue
Macon Georgia 31201

478.227.9007, office
888.398.0898, fax

TAX ADVICE DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the
IRS under Circular 230, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice
contained in this communication (including any attachments), unless
otherwise specifically stated, was not intended or written to be used, and
cannot be used, for the purpose of (1) avoiding penalties under the Internal
Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party
any matters addressed herein.

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have
received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, transmit,
disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the
sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the
copy you received. Thank you.