[at-l] Aftermath

Kinnickinichere@aol.com kinnickinichere at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 13:03:14 CDT 2011

I keep coming back to this screen name in hopes that you who were hit by Irene's forces, be they rain or wind or any of the other possibilities, will write to us, sharing your experiences and observations.  I think that the media has given us a pretty vivid picture of Vermont's situation, but I would like to know about the trails up there as soon as hikers can get in to observe and report.  I'd like to know about where I had expected to hike in Massachusetts and New York.  I am sure that we would all be interested in the situation and what the trail maintainers are estimating will be the necessary time for repairs to be made and what help is needed.

As for those who are looking for a good place to hike, we in SW Virginia had none of the above and didn't even lose our lights.

Kinnickinic