[at-l] Lost

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sun Dec 25 11:17:23 CST 2011

On 12/25/2011 12:06 PM, Jim Smith wrote:
> It's been about three years since I've hiked the AT around
> Lost Mtn. Shelter. I didn't remember there being much of a
> parking area at U.S. 58 so I tried  looking up the
> location on Google Maps. I couldn't find a parking spot
> north of the shelter, but it seems like there should be
> reasonably-sized road pullouts there.
>
> There is only a small road pullout south of the shelter:
> http://g.co/maps/7cwzp

Yeah, I found that same parking area (how did you get that
url? I couldn't figure that out). It looks like a good place
to park for a dayhike...but, I'd be leery leaving something
there over night. A day hike may be all I get in there
anyway...(IF I even end up in the area. Still up in the air)

Thanks Cutter...