[at-l] Lost

Jan Lite liteshoe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 10:24:59 CST 2011

Felix,
This is perhaps too late, but with Miguel's cabin near, we get up that way
a fair amount. When leaving a car for camping/backpacking in the area, we
always go up and park in the high State Park parking lot near Massie Gap.
Never had a problem and the rangers patrol the lots. The front gate is
locked at night.
Chainsaw is right - it's the closest, and in my observation, the safest.
I think it costs $3 or so, and they give you a tag to put on your
windshield. Up the spur trail to the AT, then hang a right to Wliburn
Ridge/Wise - or, go left, (SOBO - ya know how to SOBO, doncha?) and go to
Rhododendron Gap/Thomas Knob.

--
"The Ordinary Adventurer"
A new backpacking adventure book