[at-l] fond o'you

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 16:15:08 CST 2011

Is there anything you all don't know about my life?

Anyhow, son has a girlfriend he wants to (1) impress and (2) introduce to camping.  It's a one step at a time thing, so he's going out early to set up the drive-up campsite for Feb. 14 (Valentine's Day reminder to the guys on the list).  He's got candles, tablecloth, flowers.  He wanted to know what meal he should prepare.  I first suggested veggie hot dogs.  This idea was quickly dismissed as not special enough.  Then I thought of fondue (he's vegetarian).

I have a circa 1969 fondue pot and forks.  I have a couple of recipes for a cheese fondue, but they (and most I've found online) call for grueyre, which is very pricey.  I have some kirsch, which my recipe calls for, however, I'm hoping for a recipe with less expensive cheese.

Does anyone have a foolproof fondue recipe that uses less expensive cheese?  He's going to practice the fondue by fixing it for me for my birthday next week.

Joan  (aka "Mom the guinea pig")
bluetrail at aol.com