[at-l] It's all in the way you look at it...

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 12:59:52 CST 2011

So there I was, 10:00 into Moby Dick over there at http://www.hulu.com , when the protagonist (the erstwhile, "Ishmael" (a youngish Richard Basehart), New to New Bedford and forced to share a bed with the tall/dark/mighty Quequeg{?} -- who had just had a knife to his throat per their dark meeting -- recovers himself and mouths a happy,

"Ho, well. Better a drunken cannibal than a drunk Christian..."

In context, it was a very cheery acceptance of his circumstances -- very hiker, very appreciative of an upside, and since I've never seen the movie (Gregory Peck! Orson Welles!), I hope it's indicative of things to come.

[Time to hit PLAY again.]

coldicymoviedaytoe