[at-l] Feeling Like Spring

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Mon Feb 21 18:17:52 CST 2011

Snowing here this morning.  High for the day about 25 degrees with a
strong wind.  But, the sun came out this afternoon.  Driveways and
walkways are covered in ice.  We shovel them off but when the sun
melts the nearby snow it flows onto the driveways and walk ways then
refreezes.  So much snow on the ground to melt.  It will be a long
time before it looks like spring in NH.

There was a news report on local tv that a hiker had to be rescued
from Katahdin after he slipped off the trail down a steep drop off.
He was climbing with others.

>Here in Central Florida, it's 80 today.   Lows all this week will be
>in mid to upper 50's, and the air is dry.   Because it was a cold
>winter (for us lots of days in the low 60's is cold, don't laugh),
>things are a little late blooming.  Baby-powder-scented Carolina
>yellow jessamine is in bloom at last.  They are trumpet-shaped
>blooms on vines that scent the air around them.  Also in
>bloom--redbud, Chicasaw plum, tiny white violets.  Trees are leafing
>out now too!  Lots of new calves in the pastures on the way to the
>trail.
>
>Joan

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman