[at-l] Curses, foiled again

Cutter cutter78 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 15:38:42 CST 2011

Each year in February I go with a group to Carver's Gap and we hike to US
19E. Last year there was a truck stuck in snowdrifts near Carver's Gap, so
we were not able to reach it. We had to choose an alternate route.

This year, it looks like we're foiled again. We just talked to Terry and
Mary at Mountain Harbour Inn, and they said some of the gaps between
mountains still have so much snow they've had groups turn around.

So now we're looking for an alternate section of the AT in North Carolina or
Tennessee that isn't snowbound. Any suggestions?

Cutter
http://smithbasement.com