[at-l] S

Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Thu Feb 24 13:22:43 CST 2011

Lilla

As a life member of the NRA, an Executive  member of VCDL  [See:
http://www.vcdl.org/  ] and a long time RKBA activist / unpaid lobbyist , I
suggest you seriously consider the logistical problems of legally carrying
on the AT -- unless you are an LEO covered by LEOSA, and even then there are
State-to-State wrinkles to consider.

If you are not familiar with the site, you might want to check
http://www.handgunlaw.us/ for various States' laws.

The change to DOI regulations that we got passed  has helped -- as  the Feds
no longer ban carry along the AT.  However, carry on National Park land is
still controlled by the individual States' laws.  So, for example, one could
be in deep kimchi if caught carrying in NY.  Also, the AT passes through
some local and State parks which are restricted.

Chainsaw