[at-l] D-5

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sat Jan 1 14:48:05 CST 2011

1/1/99

New Year's Day was damp and chilly. Not raining. Not cold. Just damp and
chilly. I met two guys at Plumorchard Gap. We were talking about
football for some reason.  I said "Hey, did Boomer (Esiaison) say 'No
shit' on the Monday night game?" One of the guys said "See, I told you"
to the other. Pittsburgh and I had watched the Monday night game
together and I was sure that he had said it. I got to Dick's Creek Gap
in mid-afternoon. I was trying to hitch to Hiawassee when a guy in a
truck pulled over. I was just about to the truck when he drove away. The
back of his head is hopefully still burning from the stare I gave him as
he pulled away. I got a ride and checked in at the jacuzzi-roomed
Holiday Inn Express. A hot soak and steak dinner later, my buddy
Pittsburgh was there for more football watching.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98