[at-l] excited to distraction

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:03:29 CST 2011

Come hike with me a few days!
On Jan 3, 2011 8:12 PM, <hopeful_2003 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I wonder if it's safe for me to drive? Or use power tools? Or run with
sharp objects?  Back in September when I finally decided to hike this year I
was able to contain me for several months. Just before Christmas I caved, my
plan was to go public at the Ruck about my hike but when my little
granddaughter could keep quiet no more, she let it slip that she got me new
poles. Well, if she can be that excited, why can't I? I have developed the
OCD stage of Springer Fever.

> There isn't much I can do right now except plan and think and plan some
more. Says Mrs Hopeful, "Why are you planning? Don't you remember all this
from '03?" Wet blanket.  I do remember but it's like I have to do something
trail related. So, I started counting how may trail journals there are this
time. It seems there aren't near so many as last year. About 80 compared to
about 450 is what I count. We "about" doesn't actually pass as a "count."
Hmmm, maybe I'm ADD too. Where is Orange Bug when you need him?

> Well, I suppose this post has to have some purpose so I'll try to recover
by asking if anybody ever noticed some correlation between the number of
nobos and the number of Trailjournals.  Hopeful