[at-l] 3-day snow totals for northwest NC

Weathercarrot - weathercarrot at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:54:34 CST 2011

you wrote -

<< but I really can't believe that over 100" have fallen up there. >>

over 100 inches would be everything added up since October 4-5th, not the depth at a given time.

Here are the Beech Mtn numbers so far this season. This weather station there is at 5028 feet.  Roan High Knob is at 6,288 and typically gets at least 25 percent more than Beech:

Snow Totals for Beech Mountain, NC
Winter 2010-2011

Date
Snowfall (inches)