[at-l] The News

Tenacious Tanasi tenacious_tanasi at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 10:06:48 CST 2011

"Does more information mean we know less?"

I have to whole heartedly agree with Jim B on this one.  We are becoming a
society that is proficient in research tools and skills.  Rather than simply
learning information we are learning how to find the information on hi tech
tools because we are so bombarded by it the ocean of new information out there.

I am also of the opinion that we are losing even basic research skills for
manual research.  How many kids really know what the Dewey Decimal System is?
Could they find a book in a library?  Could they look at an atlas and find their
way to a destination w/o On Star or Google Maps?

Is it OK that we know less... perhaps in some situations.   But, we still need
to be teaching our kids basic stuff for daily survival.  It can be a jungle out
there on the streets... or the trails.  :)
 Tenacious Tanasi